100% TAX DEDUCTIBLE – USA & CANADA
BBC INTERVIEW WITH FOUNDER GILES CADMAN
FOR CANADIAN DONATIONS
Donate by check to: ONEXONE FOUNDATION for BVI Relief
140 YONGE STREET, SUITE 200
TORONTO, ONTARIO, M5C 1X6
CHARITY NUMBER: 833411473RR0001
FOR USA DONATIONS
Donate by check to: ONEXONE for BVI RELIEF
1150 WALNUT ST, 2ND FLOOR
NEWTON, MA 02461
501c3 #: 26-1939025
10am PST 12 September 2017
! IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR AID SHIPMENTS TO BVI !
Free shipping is being provided by Aeropost BVI for all aid.
Food shipments can be sent to: BVI Aid, EIS284, 6703 NW 7th St, Miami 33126
BVI Relief Fund accepts:
VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX, USA & CANADA CHECKS
We will be accepting PayPal very soon.
Who we are: The BVI Relief Fund (BRF) are a non-profit group of volunteers: business leaders, community leaders, medical professionals, strategists, logistical personnel, lawyers, accountants, logistical personnel, artists, sailors, chefs and others who call BVI home.
We are working around the clock to assist and coordinate the BVI relief efforts, liaising directly with the BVI Government, VISAR, BVI medical professionals and other key members of port, police and infrastructure teams on the ground in the BVI. An incredible team from Google and Virgin are also working tirelessly alongside volunteer relief boats across Puerto Rico, Virgin Gorda, Tortola and the Outer Islands to get aid and supplies delivered.
Financial Donations: BVI Relief Fund has teamed up with the respected USA & Canadian Charity ONEXONE – they do amazing work in Canada & USA and have a reliable network to act fast.
Please donate here – DONATE
We are purchasing:
- Medical equipment: blankets; pillows; first aid kits; bandage / gauze; painkillers; sterile wipes; santizer / gel; medical gloves.
- Hardware: Tarps, rope, tape, Satellite phones; flashlights; batteries; candles and dry (plastic bagged) matches; precharged battery power boxes / banks; solar chargers; wind up radios; leather work gloves; tarpaulins; cleaning supplies.
- Living essentials: soap; toothpaste; toothbrushes; deodorant; shampoo; towels/washcloths; new underwear / socks; baby wipes; diapers (adult and baby); toilet paper; sanitary napkins/tampons; sponges
- Food: canned goods; dry goods; snacks.
- We request that you please do not donate clothing, medicine, water or toys.
Aid / Relief Distribution in the BVI: We have already mobilized food, water and medical supplies to the BVI. As of 6PM local time on September 8, our first 3 relief / aid boats had already reached Virgin Gorda. We are coordinating in Puerto Rico with our co-workers to send at least 25 boats with aid in the next 48hrs.
We are getting the word out with:
BBC, ITV, CBC, CTV and other media outlets. We facilitated BBC and ITV to be on the ground in Tortola and BVI to bring attention and help.
Safety Within the Territory: The next vital step is to secure the Territory so relief workers can operate efficiently, safely and effectively when this aid is delivered. We urge the UK, US and Canadian Governments and our EU partners in the strongest possible terms to deploy further police and military reinforcements to support the BVI Police Force and British Navy in the secure and orderly distribution of these much-needed supplies. This is of the utmost importance in ensuring a safe and fair distribution of aid in order of priority.
We also urge those in the Territory to continue to remain calm and obey all directions given by authorities. We understand safety concerns, but those will only materialise if people act in their own self-interest. Despite isolated reports of looting at one location, the overwhelming response has been one of the community pulling together, not apart. Nevertheless, to produce a streamlined result, the UK must send further military personnel to ensure this remains the case.
- Key Information
- SEA: For clearance contact the BVI Ports on VHF Channel 16
- AIR: For clearance contact Airport – Tel: +881651477455.
- HOMELESS on Tortola: We are compiling lists of those who are homeless, and lists of available housing, cross referencing those to place people. Please bear with us. Please add any homeless persons to this document: https://goo.gl/tCtTTF
- OFFERS OF SHELTER: We have a long list of properties available to take people in. If we need more properties we will seek help, and we know the community will open their hearts.
- MISSING PERSON LISTS: Missing person lists can be found here: http://www.bvisafetycheck.com/
- SOCIAL MEDIA: “BVI Abroad – Hurricane Irma” (Facebook). Although the international media (BBC, CNN etc) have picked this up, more press exposure is needed. Please hashtag everything you post with #helpbvi.
- A message from Giles CadmanTo our BVI friends and family, please know there is a large group of people who are working around the clock to help and assist you. No one is forgotten, plans are being made for every island. Boats, cars, trucks and planes are being arranged, hang in there, I know it’s tough. Help your neighbours where you can, do not think for one minute you are forgotten. We can see what you are going through and we are getting that information to news outlets and governments. We will not stop until we have done everything we can. You need to know how much love and care there is for the BVI and how many people are helping this relief effort. There is help coming and you are not alone.
Please email us: email@example.com
BVI Relief Fund, 4th Floor Rodus building, Road Reef Plaza, Tortola, VG1110 BVI PO Box 765